Sunday, December 14, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

SNOW DAY



Wow what a day! An unusual and extremely fun one for Oregonians. Why's that? Well, snow is not very common here, and when it does snow, it is usually gone within an hour. However, that was not the case today.

My niece came over today to announce the snow and get me to come out and play, and so Chris, Dominique, and I all had a very fun snow day. We did many fun things together:

We had a snowball fight.


We went for a winter wonderland walk in the woods.
















Then we went to the park and built a snowman on a park bench; however, by then my camera died and so I couldn't take anymore pictures.
It was such a fun day. The snow fell for a long time with great big flakes. It painted the whole town white and you could see the occasional car go by, but not as many as you would have seen on a clear day. No, today was a special day, because it felt as if time stood still so that we could enjoy winters play day.
When we got home we snuggled up on the couch together with big warm quilts and watched Christmas movies while we ate popcorn and candy.





Ah; the perfect cozy winter day.

5 comments:

Venkat Rao said...

nic epics good keep posting

Free Background Wallpapers

Denny and Cyndi Collins Family said...

So fun you played in the snow. We stayed indoors all day and played games. :o) I was happy enough watching the neighbors grandkids sled down the street! :o) Love ya!

Trac said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Yes, we have to take advantage of playing in the snow while it lasts. I'm glad it lasted so long! I bet Dominique had so much fun with you! Woo-Hoo! I love your pics too.

Ju said...

Wasn't the snow the best!! I hope it snows more before the season is through. it just too much fun to leave behind.

Trillium Fairy said...

The snow is so crazy! I can't believe how much we've gotten this winter and how long it's stayed around! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the snow. ...and I can't believe how grown up Dominique has gotten!!!
Take care and stay warm and cozy!