Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tolkien's Newly Published Book

JRR Tolkien is probably my most favorite author and biggest influences.  I love his writing, I love his stories, I love learning more about him. 

I just found out about a book that he wrote 70 years ago that was published for the first time in May in the UK, NZ, and AU; it is called The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun. Click Here to Find Out More










I'm anxious to get my hands on a copy, I wonder how good it will be? I don't want to get my expectations to high. What I mean by that is that The Hbbit, and The Lord of the Rings are two of my most treasured books, and I don't know if Tolkien's new book will come anywhere close to them. I know it is based on Norse mythology, and that he used alot of the Norse influence in the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, so we will just have to see.

If you've read it, or are reading it now please let me know what you think.

No comments: