Monday, March 23, 2009

What if animals could talk?





Have you ever wondered what an animal would say to you if it could talk? Maybe you've cought your dog or cat give you a look that made you wonder what they were thinking?

I'm pretty sure if my cats could talk they would say, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy...wake up and feed me now, I'm hungry. Will you play with me? My litter box is gross, I'm holding it until you fix it. Will you rub my back? Ok, now go away, I'm trying to take a nap. Oh, wait, what do you have in your hand? Let me smell." So yeah, my cats would talk talk talk, but probably only to get what they want when they want it. However, at night when they become cuddley, they would be more likely to say, "I missed you. I'm so glad you're home. Can I lay on your tummy? I love you."

Now, I know that my cats would carry on a conversation with me if they could talk, but what about a chipmunk or a squirrel? Well, I imagine that that would be a funny conversation to listen to. I imagine a fast high pitched voice. I can see a chipmunk running along the ground just under a tree collecting nuts mumbling to itself, "This to, this to. Need this and this, and oh my gosh a human. Do you think she saw me? Yes. Oh no. Ok stand perfectly still, she might think you are a rock if you stand perfectly still. What if she takes my nuts? Oh no, she's still looking. NOW, RUN, The TREES GET UP THE TREES!" At the top of the tree you see the chipmunk glaring down in hostility shaking it's fist "I'll get you for this you big smelly monster, you better leave my nuts alone!" It begins throwing twigs at you and hitting you in the head.

Now, if you went to the zoo, I wonder the conversations that were carried on would be like. Let's see. You walk through the entrance gates and start your adventure with the penguins. To your surprise they are speaking and you understand every single word they are saying.

"Hey Dave, try the slide this time, race you to the top!" Penguin Dave looks at Penguin Lucy. "You're on Luc! First one to reach the top gets dibs on fish today!" Penguin Lucy looks at Dave, "Yea! You're so on!" They race to the top, Lucy's giggling, Dave is panting, but Penguin Bob jumps in front of both before either reaches the top, and down the slide he goes! "HaHa!" cries Penguin Bob, "I win, I win! I get dibs today!!!" Down the slide they follow and a water splashing fight begins as they dive above the water and flop back down under.

Moving on from the penguins you decide to go visit the Lions. It is a warm day, and they are lying still in the shade. You hear a voice, that almost sounds like a growl, but you can make out the words.



What did they say? Can you add to my story? Are you up to it? Can you keep it going and growing? Try it. Come on, I dare you.

1 comment:

Ju said...

lol, too cute kim!