Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Bridegroom

Had she lost him?
Was he gone now?
Was the perfect soul released?
Did God take him,
And remake him,
Was his promise to her ceased?

The perfect soul consecrated for only she.
Their contract now abolished no longer was it to be.
She was told to be patient and wait for her betrothed,
But with the fear of the unknown her heart became loath.
Now her bridegroom's arrived,
And she's been caught off guard.
Life for her has been so weary,
For her, life has been so hard.
As she goes to grab her lamp now,
No trace of light from it doth shine,
And she with no more oil,
Unworthy, has been turned into swine.
All pearls have been taken from her,
All her hope has been cast aside,
And the Bridegroom claims he does not know her,
No more of her will he abide.
The door has been shut,
It will not open,
Shame runs down her tearstained face,
The sorrow inside her is unsurmountable,
She is alone for all time and space.

4 comments:

martha said...

Hi girl,
Emily sent me a link to your blog. I've really missed you! I forgot what a great writer you always have been. I would love to hear from you. Love, Martha

Kimberly said...

I've really missed you too. I love you Martha.

Ju said...

I've always loved your writing... and I keep waiting to read more on your blog... but you haven't posted in nearly forever so...

Kelli S said...

How good are you at poetry! Your awesome!